Fosston Community Library and Arts Association
Notice of Annual Meeting
Wednesday January 11, 2023
Fosston Library and Arts Center
1/03 -1/10, 2023
East Polk Heritage Center
Notice of Annual Meeting
Monday January 16, 2023
910 Hilligoss Blvd. Fosston
Notice to the residents of Columbia Township. The regular monthly meeting of the Columbia Township Board will be held Wednesday, Jan 18th at 8PM at the Lengby Community Center.
NOTE CHANGE IN DATE FROM REGULAR MEETING DATE! Any questions call Tim Johnson clerk at 218-668-2454 or 218-431-1346.
12/27, 2022-1/03, 2023
Notice is hereby given that a Township election will be held in Columbia Township on Tuesday, March 14th 2023. Affidavits of candidacy may be filed with the Town Clerk at his home beginning 9AM Tuesday, Jan 3rd 2023 and ending at 5 PM on Tuesday Jan 17th 2023.
Officers to be elected are one Supervisor for a three year term, and one Treasurer for a two year term. A filing fee of $2.00 is required by law. If you have any questions you may call the clerk, Tim Johnson, at 218-668-2454 or 218-431-1346.
12/27, 2022-1/03, 2023
INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT #601
FOSSTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
FOSSTON, MN 56542
HIGH SCHOOL CONFERENCE ROOM
January 4, 2023 6:00 PM
REORGANIZATIONAL MEETING AGENDA
District Mission Statement: The 601 public school community pledges to assist students in discovering that dreams, creative thinking, responsibility and respect inspire success.
*By strengthening and nurturing self-esteem, respect for oneself and others, and a strong sense of responsibility in each one of the students.
*By consistently serving as positive role models for the students, setting high standards for ourselves as well as for them, instilling a drive to always work to their highest potential.
*By working to impress in them a lifelong passion for learning, stimulating academic and social growth.
1.0 CALL TO ORDER, Clerk
1.1 Pledge of Allegiance
1.2 Welcome Visitors
1.3 Ceremonial Swearing In of Board Members
2.0 REORGANIZATIONAL BUSINESS
2.1 Election of Board Officers (action-Enclosure 2.1)
2.2 Board Compensation (action-Enclosure 2.2)
2.21 Rate of Pay for members, officers, and per diem allowance
2.3 Official Designations (action-Enclosure 2.3)
2.31 Regular Board Meeting Dates and Times
2.32 Official Newspaper
2.33 District Legal Counsel
2.34 Resolution for Designation of Duties of School Board Clerk
2.35 Resolution for Designation of Duties of School Board Treasurer
2.4 Fund Management Authorization
2.41 Investment Management Designee (action-Enclosure 2.41)
2.42 Facsimile Signature (action-Enclosure 2.42)
2.43 Transfer and Borrowing (action-Enclosure 2.43)
2.44 Depositories (action-Enclosure 2.44)
2.5 Board Committee/Liaison/Representative Designations
2.51 Committees/Liaisons/Representatives (action-Enclosure 2.5)
12.0 MEETING SCHEDULE – Next Regular Meeting TBD, High School Conference Room.
Welcome to the board meeting of Fosston School District #601. We value comments and input from employees and the public. In the interest of maintaining an orderly meeting, we ask that you adhere to the following established guidelines:
1. Anyone wishing to speak to an item included on the agenda during Public Comments will be acknowledged by the board chair. When called upon to speak, please state your name and topic. All remarks shall be addressed to the board as a whole. If there are a number of individuals present to speak on the same topic, please appoint a spokesperson that can summarize the issue.
2. Items of concern not on tonight’s agenda may be presented during the additional comments section of the meeting at the end of the agenda under additional comments item.
3. Please limit your comments to three minutes. A longer time may be allowed if deemed appropriate.
4. During Public Comments, the board and administration will listen to comments and respond immediately if possible.
5. Disrespectful comments or comments of a personal nature will not be allowed to be presented or openly discussed during a board meeting.
6. Information that is classified as non-public data such as age, marital status, religion, dependents, health information, allegations, or any other information that is classified as both private and confidential by Minn. Stat. Ch. 13. A person who willfully violates data privacy is guilty of a misdemeanor. (Minn. Stat. Ch. 13.09).
7. Personnel concerns should follow the appropriate chain of command. These concerns should be addressed to the building principal; the second step should be to present the issue to the superintendent. The final step would be to present the issue in writing to the board.
8. Requests for items to be placed on the agenda must be presented to the superintendent or board chair at least 7 days before the scheduled board meeting, or by Board consent prior to approval of Board Agenda.