INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT #601
FOSSTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
FOSSTON, MN 56542
HIGH SCHOOL CONFERENCE ROOM
February 27, 2023 7:00 PM
District Mission Statement: The 601 public school community pledges to assist students in discovering that dreams, creative thinking, responsibility and respect inspire success.
*By strengthening and nurturing self-esteem, respect for oneself and others, and a strong sense of responsibility in each one of the students.
*By consistently serving as positive role models for the students, setting high standards for ourselves as well as for them, instilling a drive to always work to their highest potential.
*By working to impress in them a lifelong passion for learning, stimulating academic and social growth.
1.0 CALL TO ORDER, Chair
1.1 Pledge of Allegiance
1.2 Welcome Visitors
2.0 APPROVAL OF AGENDA
3.0 CONSENT AGENDA-Approval of Consent Agenda Items as Listed (A) Minutes from Regular Board Meeting January 23, 2023; (B) Computer Checks and Hand Payables; (C) Payroll Checks and Direct Deposits;
4.0 PUBLIC COMMENTS
Public Comment at this time will be limited to issues as presented on this agenda. There will be a three-minute limit per speaker, fifteen-minute limit per topic. See end of agenda for further information about public comment.
5.0 STUDENT/STAFF/CONSTITUANTS REPORTS
5.1 Magelssen Student Leaders
5.2 High School Student Council
5.3 Approve Indian Education Program Update
6.1 Fund Balance Report
6.2 ESSER Funding Update
7.1 Elementary Principal
7.2 High School Principal
8.1 Accept/Not Accept Letter of Retirement from Annette Arnold as Principal’s Secretary at Magelssen Elementary as of June 30, 2023.
8.2 Authorize Posting of Elementary Principal’s Secretary Position.
8.3 Approve/Not Approve Final Licensed Staff Seniority List for 2022-2023 as presented.
8.4 Informational – Reposting of District Transportation Director.
10.1 Approve/Not Approve Inspec Proposal
12.0 MEETING SCHEDULE – Next Regular Meeting March 20, 2023, 7:00 PM
Welcome to the board meeting of Fosston School District #601. We value comments and input from employees and the public. In the interest of maintaining an orderly meeting, we ask that you adhere to the following established guidelines:
1. Anyone wishing to speak to an item included on the agenda during Public Comments will be acknowledged by the board chair. When called upon to speak, please state your name and topic. All remarks shall be addressed to the board as a whole. If there are a number of individuals present to speak on the same topic, please appoint a spokesperson that can summarize the issue.
2. Items of concern not on tonight’s agenda may be presented during the additional comments section of the meeting at the end of the agenda under additional comments item.
3. Please limit your comments to three minutes. A longer time may be allowed if deemed appropriate.
4. During Public Comments, the board and administration will listen to comments and respond immediately if possible.
5. Disrespectful comments or comments of a personal nature will not be allowed to be presented or openly discussed during a board meeting.
6. Information that is classified as non-public data such as age, marital status, religion, dependents, health information, allegations, or any other information that is classified as both private and confidential by Minn. Stat. Ch. 13. A person who willfully violates data privacy is guilty of a misdemeanor. (Minn. Stat. Ch. 13.09).
7. Personnel concerns should follow the appropriate chain of command. These concerns should be addressed to the building principal; the second step should be to present the issue to the superintendent. The final step would be to present the issue in writing to the board.
8. Requests for items to be placed on the agenda must be presented to the superintendent or board chair at least 7 days before the scheduled board meeting, or by Board consent prior to approval of Board Agenda.
The Mahnomen County Township Association will meet on March 7th, 2023 at 2:00 pm at the lower level of the Mahnomen County Courthouse.
Township officers are encouraged to attend as a number of issues concerning townships will be discussed.
David Oakland – Secretary / Treasurer
Bill the following:
1592 State Highway 200
Mahnomen MN 56557
Island Lake Township, Mahnomen County will hold their election on March 14, 2023 at 5 to 8 pm at the clerk’s home.
To be elected is 1 supervisor for a term of 3 years and a clerk for a term of 2 years.
The annual meeting to follow at 8:15.
In case of inclement weather the election and annual meeting will be held the following Tuesday.
Clerk, Island Lake Township
STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF POLK
IN DISTRICT COURT
NINTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
Case No. 60-CV-23-182
Rita Trandem, deceased; all the unknown
heirs of Rita Trandem; Jerry Solberg, deceased;
all the unknown heirs of Jerry Solberg; and also
all other persons or parties unknown claiming
any right, title, estate, interest or lien in the real
estate described herein;
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO THE ABOVE-NAMED DEFENDANTS AND ALL OTHER PERSONS UNKNOWN CLAIMING ANY RIGHT, TITLE, ESTATE, INTEREST, OR LIEN IN THE REAL ESTATE DESCRIBED IN THE COMPLAINT HEREIN:
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiff’s Complaint against you is on file in the office of the Court Administrator of the above-named Court. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 21 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within 21 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
407 N. Broadway
PO Box 605
Crookston, MN 56716
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiff’s Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not Answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. That parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. To be included only if this lawsuit affects title to real property:
THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY LOCATED IN the County of Polk and State of Minnesota, described as follows:
That part of the Northeast Quarter (NE¼), Section Thirty-one (31), Township One Hundred Forty-eight (148), North of Range Forty-two (42), West of the Fifth Principal Meridian, Polk County, Minnesota, described as follows:
Commencing at the northeast corner of said NE¼; thence South 1 degree 03 minutes 58 seconds West, bearing datum based on the plat of EAST UNION SOLBERG ADDITION, 1153.23 feet along the east line of said NE¼ to an iron pipe monument, the point of beginning to the tract to be described; thence North 87 degrees 06 minutes 02 seconds West 546.46 feet to an iron pipe monument; thence North 03 degrees 31 minutes 04 seconds East 273.73 feet to an iron pipe monument; thence North 83 degrees 24 minutes 35 seconds West 576.41 feet to an iron pipe monument on the southeasterly line of Block 1, EAST UNION SOLBERG ADDITION, according to the plat on file in the office of the County Recorder, Polk County, Minnesota; thence South 34 degrees 43 minutes 25 seconds West 283.56 feet along said Southeasterly line of Block 1, to an iron pipe monument at the most southerly corner of Lot 6, Block 1, EAST UNION SOLBERG ADDITION; thence South 401.19 feet to an iron pipe monument; thence South 86 degrees 18 minutes 24 seconds East 423.03 feet to an iron pipe monument; thence North 21 degrees 13 minutes 59 seconds East 319.91 feet to an iron pipe monument; thence South 87 degrees 06 minutes 02 seconds East 725.39 feet to an iron pipe monument on the east line of said NE¼; thence North 01 degrees 03 minutes 58 seconds East 33.00 feet along the east line of said NE¼ to the point of beginning. Containing 8.78 acres, more or less. Subject to an easement for roadway purposes over the easterly 33 feet thereof.
The object of this action is to obtain the judgment of said Court determining the Plaintiff’s title and all adverse claims to the above-described tract of land, adjudging that Plaintiff is the owner in fee simple absolute and entitled to possession of said tract of land and the whole thereof, adjudging that the Defendants in said action, and each of them, have no right, title, claim, interest or estate in or to said tract of land or lien thereon, and adjudging such other relief as the Court shall deem proper.
YOU ARE FURTHER NOTIFIED that no personal claim is made against any of the Defendants and that this action is brought only for the purpose of determining adverse claims to real estate and vesting title in the Plaintiff thereby.
DATED: February 2, 2023.
FISCHER, RUST, STOCK & RUST, PLLC
By /s/ Matthew J. Rust
Matthew J. Rust
MN Attorney License No. 0386999
Attorneys for Plaintiff
407 N. Broadway
PO Box 605
Crookston, MN 56716
Notice of Annual Meeting and Election of Officers.
Notice is hereby given to the qualified voters of Eden Township, County of Polk, State of Minnesota that the Annual Election of Town Officers and Annual Town Meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 14, 2023. In case of inclement weather, the meeting and election may be postponed until the third Tuesday, March 21, 2023 and if inclement weather also postpones the election and meeting on the third Tuesday they shall be held Tuesday, March 28, 2023.
The Election Poll hours will be open from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm, at which time the voters will elect:
1 Township supervisor for a 3 year term.
The Annual Meeting will commence at 8:00 pm to conduct all necessary business prescribed by law.
The Annual Meeting and election will be held at the Eden Township Hall located at 39017 310th St. SE, Gully, MN.
Dennis Erickson, clerk-treasurer Eden township, 218 268-4590.
Notice to the Citizens of Queen Township
Notice is hereby given to the qualified voters of Queen Township, Polk County, State of Minnesota that the Annual election of Town Officers and the Annual Town meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 14, 2023. In case of inclement weather, the meeting and election may be postponed until the third Tuesday in March.
The Polls will be open from 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm. at which time the voters will elect one Supervisor for a term of three years and one Treasurer for a term of two years.
The Board of Canvas will meet immediately following the counting of ballots to canvas the election results.
The Annual meeting will commence at 8:10 pm to conduct all necessary business as prescribed by law.
All will take place at the Queen Town Hall 36481 400th Ave. SE
Ilane Rue, Clerk
STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF POLK
NINTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
Daniel Robert Tuseth, a/k/a Daniel R. Tuseth, a/k/a Daniel Tuseth, a/k/a Dan Tuseth,
Court File No. 60-PR-23-198
NOTICE AND ORDER OF HEARING ON
PETITION FOR FORMAL ADJUDICATION OF
INTESTACY, DETERMINATION OF HEIRSHIP,
APPOINTMENT OF PERSONAL
REPRESENTATIVE AND NOTICE TO
It is Ordered and Notice is given that on March 10, 2023, at 9:00 a.m., a hearing via virtual meeting. To join the virtual meeting, any individuals will connect using the following: zoomgov.com/join or via telephone at 1-833-568-8864 using the Judge’s meeting ID which is: 161 223 5058 passcode 536686, adjudication of intestacy and determination of heirship of the Decedent, and for the appointment of Kathryn Tuseth, whose address is 115 7th Ave. S., Crookston, MN, 56716 as Personal Representative of the Estate of the Decedent in an UNSUPERVISED administration. Any objections to the petition must be filed with the Court prior to or raised at the hearing. If proper and if no objections are filed or raised, the Personal Representative will be appointed with full power to administer the Estate, including the power to collect all assets, to pay all legal debts, claims, taxes and expenses, to sell real and personal property, and to do all necessary acts for the Estate.
Notice is also given that (subject to Minnesota Statutes section 524.3-801) all creditors having claims against the Estate are required to present the claims to the Personal Representative or to the Court Administrator within four months after the date of this Notice or the claims will be barred.
Dated: February 10, 2023
BY THE COURT
/S/ Jeffrey S. Remick
Judge of District Court
Dated: February 10, 2023
/S/ Kathy Narlock
Attorney for Petitioner
Trent J. Fischer
Fischer, Rust, Stock & Rust, PLLC
407 N. Broadway
Crookston, MN, 56716
Attorney License No: 0031111X
Telephone: (218) 281-2400
FAX: (218) 281-5831